Cat Country  Hits 96.3  News Talk Classic Hits  Sports Radio Sports Buzz Shoreline Shopping Bay Cities Interactive Logo

Work Planned for County Highway G

Four miles of County Highway G in Marinette County will be reconstructed next year. The county’s Infrastructure Committee reviewed a presentation by Joe Malenofski of CBS Squared, the design and project management consultant for the work. Due to poor pavement condition, the deterioration of culverts, and the five existing curves that do not meet standards, Malenofski and his team are planning to pulverize and re-lay a portion of County G from County E to Spur Road. The project also involves re-grading the road’s side slops and increasing the superelevation of the curves. Interim Highway Commissioner Eric Burmeister says 80% of the construction funding will come from the state as federal pass-through dollars and the remaining 20% will be paid for by the county. Work is expected to begin in the summer of 2019 and take approximately three months to complete. County G will be closed to through-traffic during this time. A public information open house on the project will be held July 21st from 5:00 until 7:00 PM at the Town of Lake Hall.

Font Resize
Contrast
%d bloggers like this: