05/31/2019- Some residents in rural Marinette County could see upgraded internet service by this summer under a plan from Packerland Broadband. The company received funding last year from the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin’s Broadband Expansion Grant program to deploy a TV White Space system to several locations in Marinette County with poor or no existing broadband coverage. Cory Heigl with Packerland says that work is now getting underway and he anticipates the first tower sites will go live in about a month. Heigl says other locations will go online in August and the entire project is expected to be complete by this fall. The company will be seeking volunteers to do beta tests at each of the new broadband sites. As many as 4000 households and 50 businesses could benefit from this new service.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success
- Technical testimony was heard on day three of the double homicide trial in Marinette County
- City of Marinette approves site access agreement with JCI/Tyco
- Discarded evidence questioned in double homicide trial