09/19/2019- Work will be done on Marinette’s State Street railroad crossing, but exactly when and to what extent? That’s yet to be seen. The condition of that crossing has been a concern maintained by many city officials for some time now and City Engineer Brian Miller reported to the Civic Affairs, Cemetery, Traffic, and Lights Committee Monday he has finally gotten in touch with the Canadian National Railroad about it. Miller says a representative from the company told him the State Street crossing is scheduled for rehabilitation next year, but did not provide details of what that work might involve. Miller says he plans to pursue the conversation further and would like to ultimately coordinate the timing of the reconstruction of State Street with any project the railroad company has for the tracks.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success
- Technical testimony was heard on day three of the double homicide trial in Marinette County
- City of Marinette approves site access agreement with JCI/Tyco
- Discarded evidence questioned in double homicide trial