05/21/2019- The Menominee City Council unanimously approved the budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1st. The $14.8-million general fund budget will not require a tax increase this year, but Finance Committee Chairman Frank Pohlman warns that the $700,000 deficit in this year’s budget and the projected deficit of $550,000 in the new budget will cut in half the city’s unassigned fund balance. He says there will be some tough choices to be made to get future budgets back into balance. City Manager Tony Graff says the city will need to consider others ways of generating revenue besides taxes, and become more efficient in it’s operations to save money in the future.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.