03/19/2019- Wisconsin Public Service is encouraging people to use caution around its Caldron Falls hydroelectric dam as a drawdown of the facility’s reservoir begins today. A drawdown is a controlled process in which the reservoir located upstream of a dam is lowered. WPS is drawing down the reservoir to prepare for an increase in spring water runoff caused by melting snow and ice. Ice fishers and others who take part in winter activities on or around the reservoir should note that a drawdown can create unstable conditions. People in the area should obey all warning signs and heed flashing lights, horns or sirens, stay outside of buoy lines, and have a safe escape route planned when near a dam and evacuate at the first sign of danger. Water levels may be reduced by as much as 3 feet while the reservoir is drawn down. The drawdown is anticipated to be finished by late April.
About The Author
June 6, 2019
October 11, 2019
May 18, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.