07/16/2019- The Menominee County Sheriff’s Office reports one man died in a drowning accident on the Menominee River Sunday. The incident happened near the Sturgeon Bend Campground in Faithorn around 11:30 a.m. Authorities say 41-year-old Bryan Bidwell of Green Bay was working to load a fishing boat onto a trailer at the boat landing there when the boat broke loose and was taken away from the landing by the current. Bidwell was attempting to swim to boat back to the landing when he went underwater. His body was recovered 75 yards downstream by the Wisconsin DNR. Nearly a dozen rescue agencies from Michigan and Wisconsin assisted in the search and recovery effort.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Prosecuting Attorney Seeks Revocation of Bond for Woman Accused of Stabbing Teen in Menominee
- Betters Sentenced to Six Months in Jail for Road Commission Building Shootings
- Coronavirus Cases Climb in Menominee County
- Women’s Giving Circle Accepting Grant Applications
- Marinette Seeking Up to $5 million in EDA Funding for Road Reconstruction