05/09/2019- This past winter lasted well into spring and that’s having an impact on budgets in Marinette County’s Highway Department. Highway Commissioner Eric Burmeister reports the county spent their entire FY 2019 winter maintenance budget between January 28th and March 1st of this year cleaning up the roads during snow and ice storms. He says highway crews put in about 2000 hours of overtime during these five weeks. That leaves budgeting for winter road maintenance for this upcoming November and December in limbo. Burmeister says the money for that work will have to be drawn from the Highway Department’s routine maintenance account. That amount is expected to be between $170000 and $180000.
About The Author
November 13, 2018
September 5, 2018
February 5, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.