10/10/2018- The name of the Navy’s newest littoral combat ship is announced. LCS 29 will be the USS Beloit, honoring the city of Beloit, Wisconsin and recognizing the community’s contributions to the U.S. Navy and Wisconsin’s maritime economy. The name was announced Tuesday and Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer says Beloit has been a steadfast supporter of the US military through its production of engines for the freedom-class variant LCS at its Fairbanks Morse facility. The future USS Beloit will be built locally at Fincantieri Marinette Marine, with construction expected to begin in the first half of 2019.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success
- Technical testimony was heard on day three of the double homicide trial in Marinette County
- City of Marinette approves site access agreement with JCI/Tyco
- Discarded evidence questioned in double homicide trial