09/13/2018- A proposal to update the City of Menominee’s Master Use Plan gained the approval of the Planning Commission and the City’s Parks and Recreation and Building and Ground and Finance Committees. The proposal from the Smith Group of Ann Arbor is broken down into two phases. The first, at a cost of $15,000 would do the update to the master plan as required every 5 years by state law. It also includes some work to help qualify the city for a state grant under the Redevelopment Ready Communities program which would help pay for additional work on Amending the Master Plan. City Manager Tony Graff says he estimates the city’s total cost would be about $34,000, half of which could be paid for by the grant. If approved by the City Council, the Smith Group would begin their phase one work in October.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success
- Technical testimony was heard on day three of the double homicide trial in Marinette County
- City of Marinette approves site access agreement with JCI/Tyco
- Discarded evidence questioned in double homicide trial