08/26/2019- Menominee County’s Treasurer is stepping down. Diane Lesperance notified the County last week of her intention to resign, effective October 18th. Lesperance is in her third term as County Treasurer, which is set to run through December of 2020. County Clerk Marc Kleiman says per state statute, he, the county’s probate judge, and the prosecuting attorney have formed the committee responsible for appointing a new treasurer and interested persons can send their letter of application, a resume and references to the County Clerk’s office through September 20th. The candidate selected will fill out the remainder of Lesperance’s current term and would then have to run again for another four-year term in the following election if they so choose.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success
- Technical testimony was heard on day three of the double homicide trial in Marinette County
- City of Marinette approves site access agreement with JCI/Tyco
- Discarded evidence questioned in double homicide trial