03/18/2019- There’s a conviction in the case against a Marinette County man accused of driving drunk with two young children in the car. 30-year-old Christopher Malek entered a no contest plea in Marinette County Court to his third OWI. He was arrested last December after rear-ending another vehicle on US 141 near Crivitz. When officers arrived on-scene they say they could smell the odor of intoxicants coming from Malek’s vehicle and allegedly found an open beer can inside. Malek blew a 0.287 in a preliminary breath test- more than three times the legal limit. Two children near the ages of 5 and 6 were in Malek’s vehicle at the time of the accident, but sustained no serious injuries. Malek is due back in court for his sentencing hearing May 14th.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success
- Technical testimony was heard on day three of the double homicide trial in Marinette County
- City of Marinette approves site access agreement with JCI/Tyco
- Discarded evidence questioned in double homicide trial