09/25/2019- One local State Representative is part of a group of lawmakers seeking to make higher education in Wisconsin more affordable to American Indians. Representative Jeff Mursau of Crivitz, along with Representative Nick Milroy and Senator Jeff Smith are the chief sponsors of a new bill to allow American Indians from anywhere in the US to pay in-state tuition rates at University of Wisconsin System schools. The hope is that the bill, if passed, would encourage more American Indians to attend Wisconsin schools, thereby increasing diversity and working toward reconciliation between these tribes and the state.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Prosecuting Attorney Seeks Revocation of Bond for Woman Accused of Stabbing Teen in Menominee
- Betters Sentenced to Six Months in Jail for Road Commission Building Shootings
- Coronavirus Cases Climb in Menominee County
- Women’s Giving Circle Accepting Grant Applications
- Marinette Seeking Up to $5 million in EDA Funding for Road Reconstruction