11/20/2019- About half of the soldiers from the Wisconsin Army National Guard’s 2nd Battalion, 127th Infantry who were deployed to Afghanistan are back on US soil. Around 190 soldiers landed in Texas last week where they’ll complete the demobilization process before making their way back home to Wisconsin. Nearly 400 soldiers of the battalion deployed late last year and the balance of the 127th soldiers remain in Afghanistan. The battalion is based in Appleton, but also has armories in Green Bay, Marinette, Fond du Lac, Ripon, Clintonville and Waupun. The Wisconsin National Guard is expected to announce the details of a homecoming ceremony for the returning 127th Soldiers when that information becomes available.
About The Author
January 28, 2020
February 24, 2020
November 6, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.