07/19/2019- A potential suspect has been identified in the bank robbery in Pembine earlier this month. 42-year-old Jason Burgett of Milwaukee was taken into custody following the armed robbery of a bank in Lake Hallie, Wisconsin. He was arrested after leading police on a brief chase in a black GMC Acadia, the same type of vehicle that was used in the robbery at the Stephenson National Bank and Trust Pembine branch July 8th and as was seen during the attempted robbery of a credit union in Escanaba July 5th. Marinette County Sheriff Jerry Sauve says his department has been in contact with the FBI, Michigan authorities, and investigators in Chippewa County and confirms there are several similarities between the cases in all three locations. Burgett is currently being housed at the Chippewa County Jail on a $100000 cash bond.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success
- Technical testimony was heard on day three of the double homicide trial in Marinette County
- City of Marinette approves site access agreement with JCI/Tyco
- Discarded evidence questioned in double homicide trial