08/26/2019- Marinette County saw an uptick in unemployment numbers last month. The local jobless rate for July came in at 4.9% as compared to the 4.2% recorded in June. Unemployment in the county one year ago stood at 4.3%. Preliminary figures show statewide unemployment at an even 3% in July. That’s up slightly from the 2.9% seen in June, but even with the 3% joblessness in Wisconsin in July of 2018.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Prosecuting Attorney Seeks Revocation of Bond for Woman Accused of Stabbing Teen in Menominee
- Betters Sentenced to Six Months in Jail for Road Commission Building Shootings
- Coronavirus Cases Climb in Menominee County
- Women’s Giving Circle Accepting Grant Applications
- Marinette Seeking Up to $5 million in EDA Funding for Road Reconstruction