05/16/2019- The man charged with killing an engaged couple in Marinette County in 1976 appeared via video means in court Wednesday. 82-year-old Raymand Vannieuwenhoven, is facing two counts of first-degree murder and one count of first-degree sexual assault for the deaths of David Schuldes and Ellen Matheys in McClintock Park more than four decades ago. During an adjourned initial appearance yesterday, a motion was made to dismiss his sexual assault charge and Judge Jim Morrison will decide on that motion Monday. Vannieuwenhoven was arrested for the murders in March when his DNA was confirmed as a match to that which was originally recovered as part of the investigation in 1976. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for June 19th.
About The Author
January 12, 2018
October 27, 2020
September 26, 2019
May 16, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.